You must have enjoyed hanging out with your friends in an affordable kitchen take-away at one point in your life. I bet you guys used to try so hard to pick one item from the menu card but came back to the same old two or three dishes which you know that everyone in the group likes. It’s funny how those random moments became ever-lasting memories, those gossips and leg-pulling and what-not.
I know you are filled with old memories of you hanging out with friends. You can recreate those same old memories. I want you to ask your friends to come over (if possible) and surprise them with the same old dishes which would bring back those fascinating memories off of their chests and give them a chance to rejuvenate with nostalgia. I think it’s what we need the most in our busy life schedules filled with stress.
1. 4-5 potatoes (preferably the big ones)
2. A medium sized onion
3. One small capsicum
4. 4-5 cloves garlic
5. A bunch of spring onions
6. 2 green chillies
7. 2 tea spoons red chilli sauce
8. 2 tea spoons tomoto ketchup
9. 1 teaspoon Vinegar
10. 1½ teaspoons Soya sauce
11. 2 tablespoons Cornflour/Cornstarch
12. 2 tablespoons Maida (All-purpose flour)
13. Salt and Black Pepper as required
14. Oil for frying
1. Cut the potatoes into french fries shaped slices.
2. Now rinse them with cold water to remove excess starch.
3. Put the potatoes in boiling water along with a pinch of salt.
4. In a bowl, take Maida, add cornflour, salt and black pepper along with oil and coat the rinsed potatoes with the dry mixture.
5. Again using the above ingredients, add water and make a thick batter for the second coating.
6. Coat the potatoes again and deep fry them in hot oil, until they look golden and crisp.
FOR THE SAUCE:
1. Add 2-5 cloves of finely chopped garlic in hot oil along with chopped onions.
2. Then add, chopped green chillies and fry till the onions turn slightly brown.
3. Next up, add capsicums and cook till they are soft.
4. Now add the required amount of red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, soya sauce and vinegar.
5. In the end, put salt and black pepper as per your taste.
6. To make a bit of gravy, add 2 teaspoons of cornflour in water, making paste and put it into the sauce while stirring.
7. Add the fried potatoes and toss them in the sauce till they are covered completely.
8. Serve them hot, garnished with chopped spring onions.